I’ve had a lot of requests for this one, so here it is! It is a featured project from my book, La Casa Loca: Latino Style Comes Home.
1 foam wreath
1 bag of hojas (dried corn husks)
Ribbon for center bow
1. Soak the hojas in water until they are soft.
2. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Star with the center of the wreath, take one hoja and bend it in half and pin in place to the wreath. Do this all the way around in the same direction.
4. Now do the same for the front of the wreath, except go in the opposite directions.
5. Do the outside of the wreath in the opposite direction from the front. Hot glue an embellishment on the front.
2 thoughts on “Corn Husk Wreath”
Mmmm…Looking at the wreath makes me hungry for tamales. Cleaning the hojas used to be my job! Merry Christmas.
Awesome! this is so creative