Who is a crafty chica?
Let me break it down:
crafty chica \kraf-TEE CHEE-kah\, noun:
1. An artsy, thrifty, quirky and ultra clever female. Addicted to extreme color, sparkly accents, and spreads the love through all things handmade.
2. Any person who celebrates life through art and inspires others to do the same.
• She is kitschy, thrifty & quirky •
• She takes naughty pleasure in slapping fresh paint on raw wood •
• She is clever & creative •
• She does not spend a lot of cash to make ultra hip stuff •
• She alters the rules with mucho imagination •
• She loves the smell of magic markers, especially the fruity ones •
• She can turn blah into “bling!” any time of the day •
• She doesn’t feel guilty about occasionally using stencils •
• She wears paint spills & glue gun burns with pride & honor •
• She appreciates & originates, while others imitate •
Are You a crafty chica?
Show everyone you’re a crafty chica with this t-shirt! Purchase: HERE
People often ask me to define the term, so I thought I’d share this! Grab your glue gun, glitter, or crafty item of choice and let all of the crafty chicas of the world unite!!
See more crafty ideas in The Crafty Chica Project Library! All content/photos copyright, © Kathy Cano-Murillo, 2008.
1 thought on “Definition of a crafty chica”
You left out one thing: walks around in public with blue, red, purple, green, etc…colored hands because she has been dying muslin in Kool-Aid and food coloring. The best part is that when her husband or children come in and ask, “Why are your hands all blue???”, she answers, “I’ve been dying.”, and it doesn’t even occur to her the other ways that sentence could be interpreted! lol!