Here in Arizona, snowflakes are hard to come by. So we have to be creative and create our own faux-chilly version. Snowflake-shaped silicone molds will do the trick. Use them to create a serious collection of colorful decorations that can be hung in your house or outside on your patio, or even from trees. The trick is to use resin and mix in glitter, sequins or anything else to create an artful look that would make Frosty proud.
Glittered Resin Snowflakes Supplies Needed:
- 1 large silicone snowflake mold (I bought mine at the Target Dollar Spot)
- Ice Resin Jewelers Grade Clear Casting Epoxy Resin 8 oz Kit
- Assorted Crafty Chica glitter, sequins.
- Wax paper
- Dremel tool
- Fishing line
- Line your work area with wax paper. Use one-fourth cup of each part of the resin and pour in a paper cup.
- Mix vigorously with chopstick for two minutes.
- Pour in the glitter or sequins and stir again.
- Pour into mold.
- Let sit for 24 hours until fully hardened.
- Use the Dremel to drill a hole at the top.
- Add a long strand of fishing line.
- Repeat for make more snowflakes.
- Hang in different lengths from your ceiling or from outside trees or patio trim.