|A Taste of Talavera Choker|
|Designed and Decorated by Kathy Cano-Murillo|
Get a taste of Talavera with this bracelet and choker, inspired by the beautiful designs of this popular style of Mexican tile and ceramic ware. Small wood hearts make a big statement with Crafty Chica™ Little Chica Paint Packs™ and Mojito Papers™ and Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®!
- Crafty Chica™ Mojito Papers™
- Crafty Chica™ Little Chica Paint Packs™
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Crafty Chica™ Glossy Gloss Varnish™
Small dish (to mix paint)
Wire choker necklace (I got mine from RingsNThings.com)
8mm jump rings
Handheld rotary tool
- Remove the paper that looks like talavera tiles from the Crafty Chica™ Mojito Papers™ pack and flip it over so the front is facing downward. Set one of the wood hearts on the paper and use a pencil to trace out a heart. Cut out.
- Glue paper heart to a wood heart with Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®. Let dry then trim excess paper around edges if needed.
- Squeeze some red paint from the Little Chica Paint Pack™ into a small mixing dish and add tiny dot of black, then mix to create a terra cotta color. Dip the end of paintbrush handle in mixture and use it to outline the top edges and sides of the hearts. Let dry.
- Drill a small hole at top center, just under point.
- Add a jump ring to the necklace heart and slide it onto wire choker.
- Coat the front of the bracelet and necklace hearts with Crafty Chica™ Glossy Gloss Varnish™ and let dry.
Love & light,