(“Mujer Magnifica” collage by Kathy Cano-Murillo, copyright 2009)
CHA came and went – next thing I knew, I felt that darned tickle in my throat. Turned into strep. Not fun. After going through the lowest lows with my dad’s passing, and then the highest highs with the excitement of the trade show all within 15 days, my body and spirit became depleted. I couldn’t talk or much less get out of bed for almost three days last week. I’m talking a diet of Nyquil and Tylenol Extra Strength. In my job, that is not a good thing. Someone has to stay at the wheel and drive the machine, this is a 24 hour operation! Thank goodness Patrick and the kids were there to help me!
Luckily by Friday I was feeling much better, but still taking it slow. The up side? I lost 10 solid pounds! Yippee!! There is no better feeling than to see the scale move down. Yah, it was by default, but I’m taking it as a headstart to keep going!
Yesterday Patrick’s family came over to celebrate his belated birthday. They tore up the kitchen and I mean that in a good way! My mother-in-law made flautas, rice, macaroni salad; Patrick’s sister and her husband made carne asada, veggie kabobs, cake, salsa,on and on and on. We played oldies from the boombox, watched movies, laughed and shared stories. We had a full house of happy vibes. Just what the doctor ordered!
Tomorrow night I’m teaching my class at Art Unraveled (still have spaces open!), it will feel good to dive into that scene again!
Other things I’m grooving on:
- I lost 10 pounds!
- Finished reading Twenties Girl (loved it!), now I’m halfway through Best Friends Forever (so far I really like it), after that I’m going to crack open Damas, Dramas, and Ana Ruiz.
- Last week I received my typeset novel proofs! I already had one set of chills going on from my strep, but a second set crept up when I saw what my book pages will actually look like. I had a bit of a panic attack, thinking “OH my God, what if my book totally sucks?” And then I talked myself away from that negativity and instead let myself enjoy the experience of seeing the proofs.
- Drafting future outlines for the Crafty Chica Novel books two and three.
- I lost 10 pounds!
- Looking forward to seeing Julie and Julia movie.
- Had a good cry with my little sister today.
- Bought a new vacuum cleaner (we go thru them like water thanks to the art room).
- Maya starts school tomorrow and DeAngelo is registered for his second year of college!
- I LOST 10 POUNDS!