Photo by Scott Wilkinson of ILoveToCreate.com
These are earrings I made for a make-and-take event and they went over so well, I thought I’d share how to do it!
Playing the Crafty Chica™ Loteria Game™ is a great way have fun and to learn Spanish nouns at the same time. But because the images are so colorful and whimsical, why not pick up an extra game to cut up and use in jewelry making? These lightweight earrings are cheery, glittery and are sure to turn heads.
- Crafty Chica™ Little Chica Paint Packs™
- Crafty Chica™ Loteria Game™
- Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™
25694 Glamour Queen Green 25695 Popstar Purple Rockabilly Ruby
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
Drill – small, handheld
Wood pieces – small, earring size
Paintbrush – small
- Choose two wood pieces that are the same size and shape. Squeeze a puddle of desired color of paint from the Crafty Chica™ Little Chica Paint Pack™ onto foil. Paint wood pieces and let dry. Add another coat if desired.
- Cut out two small matching images from a game board piece from the Crafty Chica™ Loteria Game™ and use Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue® to affix them in the center of each wood piece. Let dry.
- Paint a thin coat of glue on each side of the Loteria image and immediately pour matching glitter onto glue. Let dry.
- Add a thin bead of glue around the edges of the wood pieces and immediately pour a contrasting color of glitter onto glue. Let dry.
- Drill a hole at the top of each wood piece and use the needle-nose pliers to insert fishhook earring.
Peace, love, and glitter!