This is a special project I made for iLoveToCreate.com!
Shadow boxes aren’t just for walls or the fireplace mantles anymore. The concept can be shrunk down to make a cool lapel pin that offers a lot of depth, texture and sparkle.
- Crafty Chica™ Loteria Game™
- Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
Specimen tin (can be found as a party favor in wedding supply aisle at craft store)
Felt, fabric or yarn
Thick foam core or cardboard
Paintbrush – medium
- Cover work surface with newspaper. Remove the tin lid.
- Pour a puddle of Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue® onto foil. Use the paintbrush to coat the inner sides of the tin with glue and pour desired color of Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™ over the wet glue. Let dry then shake out excess glitter.
- Cut a circle from favorite Crafty Chica™ Mojito Papers™ design to fit inside the bottom of tin. Glue in place and let dry.
- Cut out desired image from a Crafty Chica™ Loteria Game™ game board piece. Glue a square of thick cardboard or foam core in the bottom center of tin and glue image on top. Let dry.
- Put the lid back on the tin. Measure and cut a piece of fabric or yarn to fit around the outside of tin and glue in place. Let dry.
- Cut a circle of fabric about a ¼’ larger than the tin, then cut out center. Glue onto bottom of tin, with fabric extending past edges. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Glue the pin to the bottom of tin where fabric has been cut out.
Peace, love, and glitter!