Fabric painting is easy and colorful. But did you know there are all kinds of techniques you can use to create different effects? Batik – using hot wax as a fabric resist is one of them. However, there is a short cut method. Check your local craft store for fabric resist, this is a clear substance that you squeeze on your fabric before you add the paint. Everything gets covered except where you drew!
- 1 canvas tote
- Fabric paint (spray paint, tie dye, fabric spray, etc)
- 1 bottle of Aleene’s Clear Gel Tacky Glue
1. Pre wash, dry and iron the tote.
2. Use the Clear Gel to draw a design on the tote. Let dry.
3. Apply fabric paint according to package directions. Let set for several hours.
4. Wearing plastic gloves, rinse out the fabric resist in the sink.
5. Cold rinse the tote, let dry. Iron and use.