The calavera is an important symbol in Mexican culture, representing ancestors and the celebration of the continuity of life through generations. Celebrate family and special traditions this Christmas with a colorful keepsake box decorated with Crafty Chica™ Little Chica Paint Packs™ and Chunky Glitters™ – perfect for giving as a gift or keeping for yourself!
- Crafty Chica® Loteria Game™
- Crafty Chica® Chunky Glitters™
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Crafty Chica® Glossy Gloss Varnish™
- Paintbrushes – various sizes
- Wood box
- Cover work surface with newspaper. Squeeze puddles of desired colors of paint from the Crafty Chica™ Little Chica Paint Pack™ onto foil. Paint each section of box with different colors and let dry. Refer to photo.
- Select the “La Calavera” card from the Crafty Chica™ Loteria Game™ and glue in the center of box lid with Original Tacky Glue. Let dry.
- Paint a thin coat of Glossy Gloss Varnish over the top of card and box lid. Let dry.
- Paint desired designs on each side of the La Calavera card on top of box lid. Paint desired designs around the bottom of box. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Squeeze a bead of Original Tacky Glue around the La Calavera card and immediately sprinkle Rockabilly Ruby glitter onto glue. Repeat around top edge of box lid. Let dry, then shake off excess glitter.
Peace, love, and glitter!
P.S. Check out my new novel!