1 piece of lightweight canvas or heavy cotton fabric, 12×24″
1 piece of fabric, 20×30″
28″ of red fringe
1 piece of heavy cotton fabric for the waistband, 4×18″
24″ of fabric to use as apron ties
Sewing machine or fabric adhesive
1. Sketch your design on the canvas. to make a sugar skull, draw a light bulb shape for the head, and then add the eyes, nose and teeth. Add flowery accents.
2. Fill in with paint. Outline with black paint, and add white to colors to add shading.
3. Sew a 1″ hem around all four side of the 30×30″ piece of fabric.
4. Pin and sew the canvas in the center.
5. Sew the waistband on, as well as the ties, to the top of the apron.
6. Sew the fringe at the top of the waistband.
7. Brush on a coat of varnish to the painted canvas, let dry before wearing.
Tips and variations: You can use one big piece of fabric and paint it for the bottom portion of the apron.
1 thought on “DIY Sugar Skull Art Apron”
LOVE the apron!! very cool!