You don’t need long hair to fall in love with Disney’s “Tangled.” It’s an instant classic that’s as funny and quirky as it is endearing and empowering. Mandy Moore lends her vocals to Rapunzel, a plucky princess hidden in a tower by an evil guardian. Instead of dreaming about meeting a handsome prince to save her, Rapunzel devises her own escape and passes the time in the most creative ways possible – sewing, reading, sculpting, cooking, writing, and painting every inch of every wall space she can find. It’s here where the image of a sun comes into play. You have to see the film to find out why! Until then, here is a project inspired by Rapunzel’s plight!
Directions and more photos after the jump!
|FLSK3-4 Orange Twist 4oz only|
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Fashion Art Tweezers™
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
23123 300 Clear Pack
- Paper towels
- Hand mirror
- Pink fabric
- Scratch paper
- Flat-backed brush
- Chalk pencil
- Pinking shears
- Set the mirror and brush right side up on scratch paper and use the pencil to trace around each. Cut out each tracing to create a pattern.
- Place patterns on fabric and cut around with pinking shears. Set fabric cutouts on the back of the mirror and brush and trim to fit if necessary.
- Cover work surface with Surface Cover and lay fabric cutouts on prepared surface. Test Grape Fabric Spray Paint on a paper towel to get a feel for nozzle. Spray Grape on fabric cutouts. To create an ombré look as shown, spray one side of cutout with heavier color and lighten spray coverage as you progress to the other side. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Lightly sand the back of the mirror and brush.
- Working on one at a time, brush an even coat of Tacky Glue on the back of the mirror and brush and press the fabric cutout in place, making sure to cover the handle as well. Use your fingers to smooth out any bubbles. Let dry.
- On the back of the mirror, use the chalk pencil to draw an outline of a sun design. Refer to photo.
- Working on one section at a time, squeeze dots of Orange Twist Sparkles 3D Fashion Paint along the outline of sun then use Fashion Art Tweezers to place crystals in paint dots while wet. Fill in sun design with dots and finish edges of the mirror and handle with swirls of paint. Let dry.
- For the brush, add dots of Orange Twist then press a crystal into each dot. Create small dots around the outer edge of paddle area then create swirls down handle as shown. Let dry and enjoy!