Here at La Casa Murillo, we’ve adopted a new guilty pleasure: Sprinkles Cupcakes. You know the ones – they have those perfect little colored circles atop each glorious pastelito? And you may also know about my fasciantion with cupcakes in general – from tie dye cupcakes to cupcake tin shadowboxes to a cupcake scrubber shrine to cupcake candles to my family’s cupcake fight…hmm, yah. I could go on and on.
Hey, did I mention the working title of my next novel is MIRACLE OF THE SACRED CUPCAKE?
Anyhoo, I got word that Sprinkles rolled out an array of mini-cupcakes! Bite size nuggets of heaven, just right for parties or family snacking. Naturally, we raced to pick up a couple dozen and we were so excited, we came up with creative ways to digest these micro treats.
Sure, you could be boring and peel off the wrapper, but why not have some fun?
If you are hosting a holiday party this season and are looking for a creative ways to serve Sprinkles minis, here is a list of ideas to try. Spice it up, make them yummy conversation pieces! and if you’re not having a soiree, try these ideas anyways just for the fun of it. Tis the season to be jolly!
1. Eat with chopsticks. This will actually make your cupcake experience last longer because you have to keep a steady hand in order to bite.
2. Edible party favors. Again using chopsticks, place one on top of each chopstick and arrange in a tall cylander. They’ll look like cupcake lollipops!
3. Make a cupcake table centerpiece. Take apiece of floral foam, wrap it in cellophane and then with colorful paper and use floral picks to make an arrangement of the mini-cupcakes. you can also add silk flowers and wrapped chocolates for filler.
4. Snacky snack. This is my favorite. Slide on on top of your pen or pencil so you can nibble while you work on office paperwork.
5. Party game. Place a sticker on the bottom of one of the cupcakes (on the outside wrapper). Whoever gets that cupcake wins a prize or is chosen to complete a funny task.
6. Princess Tea Party. They are the perfect size for the little tiara-wearing diva in your house. Use them as the main course for a doll tea party.
7. A treat for Santa. While everyone else is leaving St. Nick cookie after cookie, liven up his night with a tray of these little babies. Who knows, he may reward you for it!
8. Cupcake shake. When I was in New York recently, I visited a food truck where they mixed in a cupcake of your choice into an ice cream shake. It made for a wonderful novelty effect and very tasty!
9. Mini birthday cake. No need to feel guilty. Insert a small birthday candle in each one and celebrate, fewer calories with the same yummy lipsmacking flavor!
10. Cheers! Make a toast for the New Year! Not in the mood for champagne? Use mini-cupcakes instead! give a spirited toast and then have everyone bite in!
GIVEAWAY: Leave an idea in the comment section on another fun way to enjoy a mini Sprinkles cupcake and one name will be drawn at random to win a gift card for a dozen cupcakes from Sprinkles!
Check out my new novel! MISS SCARLET’S SCHOOL OF PATTERNLESS SEWING