|Me with Maya, hamming it up as usual.
1. This weekend we had an art booth at The Purple Lizard in central Phoenix. I barely had time to make anything and what we did make, we sold! I love those kinds of shows! This show was definitely a jewelry-heavy affair. Even though we did well, if I had taken the time to really research about the event, I would have known to make jewelry! That’s a tip for when you are vending, if it is connected to a shop, ask the owner what their customers have been buying, the price range, etc, that way you can make merchandise to fit in that range and have a successful show! Even then, you just never know. The last two shows, I didn’t sell any of my decorated mirror compacts and this show I almost sold out of them!
By the way, what do you think of the blonde streak? I wanted a chunk of highlights and it came out a tad brassier than I imagined. I’ve had it for a couple weeks and I think I’ll have La Beauty Pie tone it down a bit before I leave for Miami!
2. A reminder! If you are interested in taking my latest online class, the discount ends Monday (today!) at 11:59 pm (PT). Here is the link to enroll!
3. Paleta time! While at our show this weekend, my friend brought her kids. While we were all talking, all of a sudden they both shout “PALETAS!” They heard the charming bells of the Mexican ice cream guy from a block away and got the entire place excited. We all ended up eating our juicy paletas. I love that little kids give us reminders of the good things in life – the things we’ve grown accustomed to overlooking. I can’t even think of the last time I noticed the bells of the paleta man, now I’ll be ready and in tune (pun intended)!
4. The factory never stops. Filling an order for a super cool shop in Provincetown, called Forbidden Fruit! They’ve been selling Patrick’s paintings and soon, they’ll have this collection of mugs (this was before they were painted!).
5. Our display. One table is what we had to work with and we made the most of it! It was such a beautiful weekend!
6. New items. I call these Ceramic Affirmation Charms. This was before I strung them. They fit in the palm of your hand and I made them with a lot of happy energy. Hope to get some listed on Etsy this week!
7. Random crochet video. Later this week, I have a crochet project to share. Here is a video I made for my Vine page. (Psst, are you on Vine? Add me – I’m under “CraftyChica.”
8. Here is Maya singing at our event.
9. I ended the weekend by watching Jurassic Park in IMAX 3D and eating a healthy salad. As a way to curb my appetite, I’ve been wearing a pair of jeans that are a size too small. I get full super fast and am not at all tempted to overeat because the jeans won’t let me. How’s that for a weight-loss plan?
I hope all of you have a wonderful week!