If you have an abundance of cool silkscreened tanks and are looking for a resourceful way to keep them, here’s a plan. Cut out the best part of the design and applique them to another tank! This project is from my Crafty Chica’s Guide to Artful Sewing book, and by the way – my friends Miriam and Yesenia from LolaYLola helped me with this project!
1 silkscreened shirt that you don’t mind chopping up
Aleene’s® Fabric Fusion® Peel and Stick Sheets™
Needle and thread
Three buttons to match the colors in the silkscreen design
Micro glitter and fabric glue
How to make it:
1. Cut seven 3×3″ squares from the silkscreen design, apply the Peel and Stick Sheets to the backs of them to make your diamond appliques.
2. Remove the backing paper from the sheets on the appliques and press in place where you want the diamonds to go.
3. Press in place with your fingers. If you want to have a finished look, go ahead and stitch with the needle and thread around the edges.
4. Sew the three buttons on one of the shoulder straps.
5. Use a liner brush to add glue and glitter on your silkscreen design. Let dry.