Gift cards are very popular to give, they are a win-win for all involved. But instead of slipping them in a greeting card or in a bulky gift bag, why not create a beautiful, embellished sleeve that shows a personal handmade touch? Visit the craft store to find an array of glittered card stocks and papers. Use the template I provided – you can also cut up cracker or cereal boxes and line them with wrapping paper or glue and glitter.
What you’ll need
NOTE: To get a template, take a large coin envelope and open it and use it for your template.
- Assorted heavy glittered cardstock or thin chipboard
- Double-sided adhesive or hot glue
- Assorted embellishments: Stickers, gems, letters, feathers, etc.
How to make it
- Download and print the pattern that is provided. Choose your papers for the sleeves.
- Turn the paper wrong side up and trace the pattern using a pen or pencil.
- Use your scissors to cut out the pattern.
- Apply the double-sided tape the the flaps. You can also use hot glue if desired.
- Peel away the protective strip from the tape on both side and fold the the bottom portion up. Press with fingers to seal.
- Now comes the fun part – embellish! You can use stickers or flowers, feathers, gems. Anything goes! Use hot glue to affix heavier items.
- If you want to hang your sleeves on the tree, use a hole punch and add a piece of ribbon.