Let’s make a glittered Mickey Mouse canvas! One of my favorite aspects about Disneyland is leaving with a Mickey hat embroidered with my name. Now my kids say the same thing. But we can’t exactly wear our Mickey ears 24/7, right? But how about a bright, glittered canvas for our home? That’s my thinking! I made this one for my daughter’s room and she loves it! I made it easy for you and created a template for you to use!
What you’ll need
- 12×12 canvas
- Transfer paper, pencil, tape
- Black and red paint, brush
- White craft glue
- Black and grey glitter
- Glittered brush-on varnish
- Puffy paint
How to make it
- Print the template. Place the ransferpaper in the center of the canvas, and the template on top. Tape it down and use the pencil to draw over the black lines.
- Peel away the template and transfer paper. Fill in the mickey ears with the black paint. For the hightlight areas, water down the black paint so it becomes greay, use that to add the highlights at the top.
- Fill in the rest of the canvas with the red paint.
- Work section by section and coat with the glue and pour the glitter over the wet glue. Do this for all of the hat. Usegrey or charcoal glitter for the highlight areas.
- Add a glittery sheen to the red by brushing on a layer of glittered varnish.
- Use the Puffy Paint to write the name of your choice. TIP: Practice first on apiece of paper. Sketch the name with apencil on paper so you can know the size you need.
3 thoughts on “Glittered Mickey Ears Canvas”
I think this is awesome, and I can’t wait to make them for the family – silly question though, how do I get to the template?
How do I get the template and also do you have one for Minnie Mouse?
How do I get the template to make this? I also want to know it their is a Minnie Mouse template.