The triple-digit temps have not quite hit here in Phoenix, which means we are still living la vida patio! Our back porch – aka, Arizona room, is cozy – but pretty plain. Which is why I jumped at the chance to work with Latina Bloggers Connect and Pier 1 Imports to give it a makeover!
We all know how it feels to walk inside a Pier 1 Imports location – stimulation overload in a good way. UM – can I have everything? I’m happy that I was given some guidance to help make good choices and really put time into planning. In the past I would just go in a store and not really have a clear picture of what I wanted – that feeling can be stressful and exciting at the same time. So. The plan was to visit Pinterest and find inspiration for the look I wanted.
These are the trends Pier 1 Imports shared with us:
· Living Alfresco — Make your outdoor space an elegant living space worth sharing. Pier 1 Imports’ offers pretty neutrals and subdued patterns that can make your space the ultimate place for summertime relaxation.
· Summer Brights — Shine bright this summer with vibrant furniture, pillows and accessories that pop in new, vivid colors and trendy styles. This bold statement is sure to always keep it a party outdoors!
· Costal Views — Our oceanic blues and glorious greens will take you away to a luxurious seaside hideaway.
I would say I definitely fall into the “Summer Brights” category – and then some! We (the bloggers for this campaign) were invited to post our inspiration on a group Pinterest board. This will be helpful to all of you because you can see a wide range of tastes and styles!
I love “Mexi-boho” style – that’s what I call everything I make. But I also love “global pop” – that is a Pier 1 Imports term. So I decided to combine the two for my patio makeover. Here is a little sketch I made, just to get things rolling.
And here are my inspiration photos! These are themes I found on Pinterest that I hope to find at Pier 1 Imports.
I also love the color combo of teal and red, and I love peacocks! This is a really cool picture – the colors and vibe spoke to me!
As you can see, my style is all over the place. Mexi Boho meets Global Pop!
Here are some of the tips I learned after working with the experts!
– Make your patio an extension of your home. Don’t be afraid to add furniture, decorations and pretty accents. Just because it is outside doesn’t mean you have to settle for flimsy old school lawn chairs.
– Mix and match like crazy! Use rugs, pillows and wall art to add pops of color. Use candlesticks as pedestals for plants or food trays. Anything goes!
– Set the mood with lighting! Use lanterns and votive holders to add light and set the ambiance. I like to use the LED votives for everything. And did I mention string lights?
– No table, no problem! Use serving carts, TV trays and nesting tables.
You can see my shopping choices over on my Instagram account. We’re going to put it all together this weekend and next week I’ll have a step-by-step blog post of the process. AND a Pier 1 Imports gift card giveaway too! Special thanks to Pier 1 and Latina Bloggers Connect for this opportunity, I’m having a blast with this project!
Be sure to follow Pier 1 Imports on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube!
You can also request a catalog here!