Here’s a fun back-to-school craft! Puffy Paint Pencils! I’ve always had a thing for Puffy Paint. It’s the perfect medium to add texture to surfaces. Sure, it’s the go-to for T-shirts, but there are so many other uses too. With school season now in full-swing, I thought it would be fun to liven up some boring pencils. Even though they look chunky with paint, you can just scrape off a bit before you sharpen, or actually the sharpener will do that for you.
Here’s what you need:
– Foam square, I used this one from Make It: Fun Styrofoam Crafts
– Puffy Paint or Tulip Slick Paint
That’s all it takes!
1. Stick a pencil into the foam, you are going to need this foam cube to hold the pencil while you decorate and so it can dry. Insert the pencil deep enough so it won’t fall out while you paint it.
TIP: Also make holes on the top of the foam cube as well, so it will be ready to go when you have your wet pencils!
2. Insert the pencil and add your paint!
3. Once you’re done with your designs, remove the pencil and insert it on top of the foam cube.
Taaa-daaa! Here they are! I used chunky pencils so I used a craft knife to sharpen them, but you can use any pencils!