Sugar skulls nails are always in season. Especially for Dia de los Muertos, so here are twelve skull nail tutorials! You don’t even need a lot of supplies, you can use regular polish and maybe a fine liner brush for those teeny accents.
Nail art kits can be found at the craft store and come with a bright range of colors. Perfect for making upful, happy art for your fingertips!
Here are a couple skull nail tutorials i made, and then super brilliant ones from around the web! I did my best to include sugar skull nails a variety to meet all skill levels!
Click on each title for the original source tutorial.
White and black polish
Nail Art Kit
clear top coat
Pencil and paper
1. Wash and dry your hands. Remove all your nail polish.
2. Practice your designs on a piece of paper.
3. Paint the entire surface of the nails white. Let dry.
4. Paint a black rectangle on each side of each nail, this will create a skull.
5. Now go in, color by color and add the features for each face, using the pointed end of the nail art kit bottle.
6. Let dry and add a top coat to sealer it all in.
Variation: You can also paint your nail black, then add bright colors on top to complete your sugar skull nails.
Glow in the Dark Skull Nails
Pretty Floral Skull Nails by Royal Milk Tea
B&W Stamped Skull Nails
Papel Picado Calavera Decals by ChaCha Covers
Dimensional Floral Nails (I couldn’t find the source for this one!)
Glittered Skull Nails
Micro Detail Skull Portraits
Watercolor Skull Nails