The heat is still on for the summer season and if you are looking for a sweet way to cool off, try this Healthy Ginger-Cantaloupe Popsicle recipe. This idea was sent over by the folks at Terra’s Kitchen and I thought it would be perfect to share here!
What you need:
- 3 slices of fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 ripe cantaloupe
- Sliced strawberries (optional)
- Popsicle forms and popsicle sticks
What to do:
- In a small sauce pan, add the sugar and 1/2 cup water over medium heat. Cook just until the sugar has melted. Remove from heat and drop in ginger. Set aside until cooled. (Remove ginger when ready to use!)
- Slice cantaloupe in half and scoop out seeds. Spoon cantaloupe flesh into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add just enough of the cooled ginger syrup to sweeten as desired. Save the remaining syrup for another use.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze overnight. For a variation, push a few sliced strawberries down into the popsicle molds before freezing.
Terra’s Kitchen is meal prep delivery service and I’m very thankful for this refreshing recipe! I can’t wait to make it, it’s still in the triple digits here in Phoenix!Love & light,