This is a project I did at the craft trade show, and I finally have directions! It is so easy and looks wonderful! You can use it as a scarf or cut it up and use it in fabric collage projects.
Brighten your day – and your look – with a wearable work of art! Create this vibrant Pop Art Scarf with Crafty Chica™ Tango Permanent Fabric Markers™ and a little imagination.
- Crafty Chica™ Tango Permanent Fabric Markers™
- Ruler (optional)
- Scarf – white – 100% silk
- Butcher paper
- Blue painter’s tape
- Wash scarf to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener. Let dry.
- Cover work surface with butcher paper. (Do not use newspaper as the ink may soil scarf.) Secure the scarf to the paper on table with painter’s tape so it remains taut.
- Using the black fabric marker and ruler if desired, measure about a 1” in from edge of scarf and draw a border all the way around scarf as shown.
- Use the black fabric marker to create hearts, flowers and other desired designs within the middle section of scarf. Write the word “LIFE” or another word as desired.
- Fill in all designs with other colors then add dots and squiggles to fill in open spaces.
- Create half circles around the border as shown.
- Add additional accents with the black fabric marker. Let dry.