It’s National Sewing Month, which means it is time to thread your bobbins! I love to watch movies while I sew, because it makes me feel like I have friends around and I don’t have to entertain them.
Here’s a quiz to see how well you know you sewing movies! (Photo above is from Real Women Have Curves)
DIRECTIONS: Match the movie summary with the title it belongs to.
1. Prom dress redo.
2. Party dress alterations in Ah-med-ricah!
3. Dysfunctional superhero costumes.
4. American flags chopped up and stitched into halters and short-shorts.
5. Flirty princess dress made from drapes.
6. Emergency socialite dress made from drapes.
7. Boring shoe factory gets a drag queen makeover.
8. Rag doll proves to be a whiz with a needle and thread.
9. Fashionista designer creates state-of-the-art superhero costumes.
10. Pajamas are transformed into a wrestler’s costume.
11. Woman empowers herself by designing custom trousers for paying customers.
12. Wedding tux repaired with the help of spiders and their silky webbing.
13. Seamstresses disrobe on the job.
14. Drapes again! This time for the kiddos’ play clothes.
15. Lucha libre costumes, masks, and a party suit all made in a church orphanage.
16. Drama at the quilting group!
17. One man inspires India to return to hand-spun materials.
A. The Color Purple (1985)
B. Dick (1999)
C. Enchanted (2007)
D. Gandhi (1982)
E. Gone with the Wind (1939)
F. How to Make an American Quilt (1995)
G. The Incredibles (2004)
H. Kinky Boots (2005)
I. Mystery Men (1999)
J. Nacho Libre (2006)
K. The Nightmare before Christmas (1993)
L. Pretty in Pink (1986)
M. Real Women Have Curves (2002)
N. The Sound of Music (1965)
O. Spider-Man (2002)
P. Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride (2005)
Q. West Side Story (1961)
ANSWERS: 1. L; 2. Q; 3. I; 4. B; 5. C; 6. E; 7. H; 8. K; 9. G; 10. O; 11. A; 12. P; 13. M; 14; N; 15. J; 16. F; 17. D.