Warmer weather means it’s time to liven up the area with a creative and clever door mat. But you don’t have to pay a lot of money for one piece. Make one on the cheap using things you likely have around the house. To help you out, I’ve gathered up 25 of my favorite door mat DIYs!
Oh my gosh, your porch is going to look so fabulous if you try any of these! Your guests will see how excited you are to have them over!
2. Mr. DIY Dork shows how to use only two items to make a sturdy door mat – zip ties and pallet wood!
4. From the “Why did I think of that” category, Design Sponge shares this brilliant idea for hot gluing coils of rope to make a mat.
6. How to paint a door mat that the dog won’t chew. Sounds like a plan! From Jennifer Priest at Hydrangea Hippo.
9. Ditch the rectangle! How to make your own custom-shaped door mat, by Gray House Studio.
12. Make a door mat using dollar store items, and it looks nice! by Tareon and Co. (Fast forward to 10:52 to see her make it)
13. I Has Cupcake shows how to make a geeky door mat that looks like your favorite computer keyboard key.
15. This abstract door mat is amazing, it’s made from recycled blankets! By Inhabitat.
16. How about crocheting your door mat? ScoochMaroo from Instructables shows us how.
17. Make a door mat (or rug) out of old clothing that is braided together. By Criss Tee.
20. This ceramic tile door mat is so cool! Might be a little slippery, but it’s so fancy! From anniefranceschi.com.
Are you in the mood to make a door mat? Which one is your favorite? I’m ready to start making some, I’m inspired!